Hello fellow readers!!!
Suzane and I love to read, so we have bought many books that have caught our interest. Maybe some of them will spark yours!!! ^-^ (All descriptions from Goodread)
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- Young Adult, Sci-fi, Romance book
- Summary: The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered – fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningliess. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature – and of herself – while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.Told from a riveting dual perspective, ALLEGIANT, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the DIVERGENT series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in DIVERGENT and INSURGENT.
- I’m currently reading it and so far it really good. I want to get it down before the movie gets out.
- If you have been up to date with books turning in to movies, then you know that the Allegiant movie that will be release March 18th.
- The book is always better that movie since movies leave many details out.
- By reading the book first, it’s going to be more fascinating on how the director takes certain parts of the book and turning them into something we can actually visualize than what we have in our brain.
- Dove Arising by Karen Bao
- Young Adult, Dystopia, Sci-fi book
- Summary: Phaet Theta has lived her whole life in a colony on the Moon. She’s barely spoken since her father died in an accident nine years ago. She cultivates the plants in Greenhouse 22, lets her best friend talk for her, and stays off the government’s radar.Then her mother is arrested.The only way to save her younger siblings from the degrading Shelter is by enlisting in the Militia, the faceless army that polices the Lunar bases and protects them from attacks by desperate Earth dwellers. Training is brutal, but it’s where Phaet forms an uneasy but meaningful alliance with the preternaturally accomplished Wes, a fellow outsider.Rank high, save her siblings, free her mom: that’s the plan. Until Phaet’s logically ordered world begins to crumble…Suspenseful, intelligent, and hauntingly prescient, Dove Arisingstands on the shoulders of our greatest tales of the future to tell a story that is all too relevant today.
- I choose this book because I have an arc copy of the second book and I have been trying to find the first book for over 4 months. Februray 20, I finally found a copy. I could have bought it online, but I like going into stores to get them. But back to the arc part, I got the second book in this random goodie bag at a book convention, so I couldn’t choose the book. It had to be a book that I need to look for the first copy. -_-“
- The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
- Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance book
- Summary: Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who’s always done what she’s supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love.
- I want to start to read all the books I got for my birthday, since I had bunch of books to read.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Fantasy, sci-fy-ish since it kinds takes place in the future, romance, lots and lots of awesomeness
- Summary (Goodreads): Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors.
But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.
Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?
- Well, if you’ve read my favorites, Red Queen happened to be one of them, and if you don’t already know from the book, the summary provides it for you: (SPOILER) Maven is a dick, but the way I imagined him, he was a hot dick, and so was Cal but he wasn’t a dick. *Sigh* read the book. Book one pretty much knocks it out of the park for me and now I want to bleed and kneel. The world that is built and the characters in it are just magnificent. I love how Mare is just a badass heroine and she’s so headstrong and tough despite the crap that happened to her. Let’s just say I’m going to enjoy book two very much…
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Romance, fantasy, I believe there will be cuteness
- Summary (Goodreads): Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one will let him. His girlfriend broke up with him, his best friend is a pest, and his mentor keeps trying to hide him away in the mountains where maybe he’ll be safe. Simon can’t even enjoy the fact that his roommate and longtime nemesis is missing, because he can’t stop worrying about the evil git. Plus there are ghosts. And vampires. And actual evil things trying to shut Simon down. When you’re the most powerful magician the world has ever known, you never get to relax and savor anything.Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.
- Well since you don’t know, I’m not a fan of romance novels at all what so ever, but I do have a special heart for books that have LGBT themes in it. #weneeddiversebooks I thought this would be a cute read and Rainbow Rowell has written so many notable books already. I had to give this one a read. I’ll let you know how the book goes in April
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Fantasy, remake, romance (I hope)
- Summary (Goodreads): Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair…Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn’t believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.Peter is unlike anyone she’s ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland’s inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she’s always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it’s the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who’s everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
From the New York Times bestselling author of Peaches comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn’t grow up.
- Well, again, you don’t know it, but I have a huge crush on Peter Pan. I mean come on who didn’t?? He was really cute in the 1953 Disney movie!! I know you guys agree with me. I think what really got to me was Peter Pan in Once Upon a Time…OMG I really loved Robbie Kay in there and I have such a huge crush on him you have no idea…but that’s a topic for another day…Anyway, I’m excited for this! In the movie, Wendy was kinda jealous of Tiger Lily, but I really like the idea of having a story of Peter Pan and Tiger Lily before Wendy Darling came along. I think it would be a great read and I am dying to read it…but I have a lot of things to read…